Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Interview about Slate with Book Blogger The Bookworm!

Naida at The Bookworm just held an interview with me about my novel Slate!

One of her questions was about who I would cast if this book about the casting world ever got made into a movie! Here's what I had to say...

I basically have two answers, one, who I'd most love to play the role, and, two, who I think would be best in the role. I've had a love affair with Sandra Bullock for nearly twenty years, and it's no coincidence that Vivien is a complex character, in her mid 40's, with long black hair. Sandra's never played a role like this before, and it would be a dream come true for that to happen. But when I think in terms of pure acting excellence, and particularly of a middle-aged actress who would be more willing to drop her clothes for that pivotal sex scene, Julianne Moore would be my ideal Vivien. Choices for other characters would be Joseph Gordon Levitt for Brandon, Sigourney Weaver for Lila, and Zac Efron for Nathan. I think Slate would work best in a half-hour format on Showtime, like Nurse Jackie, Weeds, and the United States of Tara. So if you know anybody in Hollywood, tell them I'm interested in bringing this story to television! Haha! 


You can read the entire interview by clicking on the link here: The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment