Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me Takes Over Amazon!!

It's been a surreal couple of days. On Wednesday I enrolled in Amazon's new KDP Select Program and made two of my novels and one of my short story collections available for FREE through Tuesday. My short story collection Six Scary Stories has sold 195 copies since yesterday morning, and my LA novel Slate has sold 333!

But the real shock has been the crazy success of my YA debut novel Happy Birthday to Me. On average I sell about 5-10 copies a month of this book, ever since I started selling it last April. Up until December 8, I had sold 2 copies of Happy Birthday to Me for the Kindle during the month of December. Since it went free yesterday morning?


7000 Downloads. 

I don't really know what this means for the days to come, but I'm shocked and obviously ecstatic about the response the book has gotten since it went free yesterday. It's currently #2 in the Kindle Free store under Humor, #9 under Romance, and #27 overall! Having just finished and published the third and final book of the trilogy, Happy Birthday to You, I'm excited for book lovers all around the world to discover my trilogy.

Finally, I'll leave you with a brand new review of Happy Birthday to Me that was just posted on Amazon today by Claudia Lefeve. Amazing. I'm speechless. Thanks for all the support, everyone.

I'll be honest. I picked up Happy Birthday to Me because it was free. Now that I've said that...I would have paid full price for it. And if I could have given it 10 stars, I would have.

Brian Rowe has the ability to suck you into his story, to the point you ignore everything else around you. It is one of the best YA paranormal books I've read this year (and we're already in December folks)!

I cried the last 25% of the book and absolutely bawled my eyes out at one of the final scenes. I was so vested in his main character, Cameron Martin, that I cared. I cared so much I cried like a fool. Not knowing what direction the book was going to take by the end, I took everything Cameron experienced to heart.

After looking up the author's blog, I am happy to find out that this book is actually part of a trilogy...guess what I'll be reading the rest of this weekend?

To conclude: buy Happy Birthday To Me, invest in some tissues, and be prepared to read for the next couple of days. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting my review on your site! I wanted to write more, but I'm horrible at reviews! I finished the second book and picked up the final in the trilogy this morning :) I'll have more reviews up soon!

    I'm actually stunned at your numbers prior to your free giveaway. You should have been selling like hotcakes! But I'm glad the new KDP Select free promo option is working for you. I chose not to participate, for a variety of reasons, but I'm glad it is working to your advantage. Your books need to be out there!!

    ReplyDelete