Friday, December 28, 2012

December Update!

Wow, is 2012 over already? It's been quite a whirlwind year, but I'm even more excited for what 2013 has in store!

Bookwise, here's the recap.

Last summer I wrote a stand-alone YA fantasy novel that's been out to agents since August. I've gotten some amazing responses but still no news yet. Cross your fingers!

I self-published a new YA trilogy about two film nerds who fight creatures of the night! The Vampire Underground, The Zombie Playground, and The Monster Apocalypse! All are now available on Amazon for less than 3 bucks each. 

I took three graduate level creative writing classes at the University of Nevada, Reno, and have applied to ten MFA programs all around the country.

I met Shaunta Grimes, a kick-ass YA author, whose first novel is coming to bookstores everywhere July 2, 2013, and who has become both a mentor and very special friend. We co-author the book blog, Story Carnivores.

I'm currently outlining my next project, a stand-alone YA contemporary novel I'm going to start writing on Monday, January 7! 

I like to think 2012 was the calm before the storm. I can't wait for what 2013 will bring!!


No comments:

Post a Comment