Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What I'm Reading (9)

Since last summer I've been trying to read one book every week. My life gets very busy, but I feel like if I'm going to be a working writer, I need to read just as much as I write. Every Monday I will post here what I'm currently reading, and I'll add the reviews once they become available as well.

This week's book...



About a year ago I poured through The Best American Short Stories 2011 collection, and my favorite story was "Phantoms," by Steven Millhauser. I loved it so much I taught it in an Advanced Creative Writing class last November, and after that I set out to read more of this author's work. I found a copy of his debut novel Edwin Mullhouse at the local library so I thought I'd start with that one. What a premise!

No comments:

Post a Comment